This is not an accredited course. This is a Professional Institute Programme.
|| Certified Financial Accountant: Accounting Theory and Practice
| Programme Type
|| Institute Programme: Institute of Certified Bookkeepers Single Module
| Partner Institute
|| ICB – The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
| Award Type
|| Statement of Competence
| Award Issued By
| Accredited By
|| Your Unit Standard Certificates will be accredited by FASSET
| SAQA ID
|| Not Applicable
| NQF Level
|| Not Applicable
| Course Duration
|| 5 Months
| Entrance Criteria
- Successful completion of the previous learning areas (1-8) (have completed the Junior Bookkeeping Qualification and the Senior Bookkeeping Qualification AND have completed the Technical Financial Accountant Qualification, or equivalent qualifications) Or be a qualified Certified Technical Financial Accountant
- Grade 12
- Learners must be at least 16 years of age
- The ability to read and write in English
Please click on each subject title to see the topics covered.
Accounting Theory and Practice Subjects:
The framework of accounting
Presentation of financial statements
Property, plant and equipment
Impairment of assets
Provisions, contingent liabilities and contingent assets
Events after the reporting period
The effects of changes in foreign exchange rates
Accounting policies, changes in accounting estimates, and errors
Earnings per share
Statement of cash flows
Accounting Theory and Practice (ATP) is the final learning are in the ICB’s Accounting Certification Programme. This learning area follows on from Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks.
ATP is a dissertation/mini-thesis where the prescribed material is the Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks material. The learner is required to do research and submit this research in the form of the mini-thesis.
Assessment and Award
You must apply to write a mini-thesis with the ICB. Upon successful completion of your mini-thesis, ICB will certify you with a statement of competence.
In order to write the dissertation for the ICB you will have to:
Apply to the ICB and register with them to write their mini-dissertation
College SA will help you every step of the way with this. Upon successful completion of your mini-dissertation, the ICB will certify you with a Statement of Competence showing the respective Unit Standards which you have completed and FASSET will award you with a Unit Standard Certificate for any Unit Standards that you successfully complete.
Your first assignment will be on Goal Setting, which will arrive with your Welcome Pack.
Find Out More
If you would like to find out more about the Certified Financial Accountant: Accounting Theory and Practice course, simply click on the button below, and we will call you back shortly [office hours].
You are also welcome to fill in this short form below if you would like us to assist you in any way.
| Study through College SA and enjoy these amazing benefits:
- Study from anywhere in South Africa.
- Flexible and easy-on-the-pocket payment options.
- We are the ONLY distance learning college to offer you a 30-day Money Back Guarantee.
- Have access to career-related information.
- Study material is delivered to YOU.
- Study material is included in your course fee.