Beauty Therapy Courses
These courses are designed to teach you the proper methodologies and use of cosmetics in the treatment of skin and body to enchance beauty and boost confidence in your clients, from skincare, facials, makeup application to eyebrow shaping, tinting and hair removal, these courses are excellent if you enjoy making friends and family look beautiful for a matric dance, wedding or a occasional night out of town.
Choose your Ideal Course
- College SA Short Course Certificate in Nail Care
- College SA Proficiency Certificate in Nail Care
- College SA Skills Certificate in Nail Care
- College SA Expert Certificate in Nail Care
- College SA Short Course Certificate in Introduction to Massage
- College SA Proficiency Certificate in Massage Techniques
- College SA Skills Certificate in Massage Techniques
- College SA Expert Certificate in Massage Techniques
Facial Skin Care
- College SA Short Course Certificate in Facial Skincare
- College SA Proficiency Certificate in Facial Skincare
- College SA Skills Certificate in Facial Skincare
- College SA Expert Certificate in Facial Skincare
- College SA Proficiency Certificate in Makeup Application
- College SA Skills Certificate in Makeup Application
- College SA Expert Certificate in Makeup Application
What is Beauty Therapy?
Beauty Therapy is a diverse industry that involves the application of a large variety of beauty treatments, mainly for the purpose of improving physical appearances. Beauty therapy involves the treatment of hair, skin, nails, and can include make-up application, eyelash and eyebrow shaping, manicures, pedicures, nail extensions, hairstyling, hair removal, body massage and non-surgical therapies.
Beauty therapy as a field of study prepares students for working in this industry. It involves learning how to perform various treatments, as well as learning about the physiology and anatomy of he human body, as it is important for beauty therapists to understand the scientific principles underlying the treatments that they use on their clients.
Who should study Beauty Therapy?
Beauty therapy can be a very fulfilling career as you can see instant results of the work you did. You have the opportunity to help other people look and feel good about themselves and also reduce stress in those who have hectic lives. If you have a passion for beauty, fashion and cosmetics, then you should consider becoming a beauty therapist.
By studying beauty therapy you can learn how to apply various treatments to the face, body, hair, hands and feet, as well as how to take care of the associated business aspects – such as customer service, marketing, managing, administration and health and safety.
Qualities of a Beauty Therapist
- A friendly and caring demeanor
- A well-groomed appearance
- An interest in people
- Good stamina – therapists need to stand for long periods
- An eye for detail
- To be sensitive to clients’ needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to put people at ease
- An artistic flair
Why Beauty Therapy is a good career option?
A career in beauty therapy can be highly rewarding for people who have a passion for this industry. Qualified beauty therapists can work anywhere in the world and can find employment opportunities in various places. The can, for example, work in beauty salons, on cruise ships, at health resorts and spa’s and even at a beauty academy where they can train new students.
Beauty therapists also have the option to work as a freelancer. Beauty therapists are also occasionally needed to work on movie sets, behind the scenes for on-stage productions, and at fashion shows and photo shoots.
Your career options in beauty therapy are infinite and it offers the potential for flexible working hours and part-time employment.
Career options available in the Beauty Therapy industry
- Beauty Therapist
- Nail Technician
- Make-Up Artist
- Facial Skin Care Therapist
- Massage Therapist
- Retail Cosmetics Assistant
- Salon Manager
- Lash and Brow Specialist
- Salon Owner
Studying Beauty Therapy at College SA
College SA offers a variety of beauty therapy related courses. Our courses are all offered through distance learning and can be studied full-time or part-time. Distance learning means that you study from home and do not need to attend any classes. Distance learning allows full-time working individuals to also further their studies as they wish to.
Because our beauty therapy courses have no practical classes, it would be a great advantage if you could work as an assistant at a salon to gain practical experience. Many salons employ assistants that are busy studying in the field to help around the salon.
College SA Beauty Therapy Kit Items
Here is an example of the kit items we provide with our beauty therapy courses:
Why study Beauty Therapy courses at College SA?
- You can study from anywhere in South Africa.
- Study at your own pace in the comfort of your own home.
- Receive your course material couriered to your door within 10 days.
- Never be alone:
◦ Talk to fellow students,
◦ Exchange information,
◦ Receive all the support you need from your personal tutor.
◦ Pass your studies the first time! You will get access to Top Study Guide Techniques.
◦ Your study fees include all course material, No-Hidden-Costs.
◦ Zero Risk 30-Day Money Back Guarantee (no questions asked)