Upper Intermediate Level - National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
FASSET SETA-Accredited Institute Programme: Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
ICB – The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
and a Programme Completion Certificate
Award Issued By
FASSET will issue your National Qualification, and, the ICB will issue you a Programme Completion Certificate.
NQF Level 5
36 - 48 Months
Grade 12 (Matric) or equivalent – with Accountancy as a subject
Learners must be at least 16 years of age
Successful completion of the previous learning areas (1-6) (has successfully completed the Junior and the Senior Bookkeeping Qualification) OR be a qualified Certified Senior Bookkeeper
The ability to read and write in English
Exam fees are not included in your course fees
During your studies you will learn:
Ability to operate with management in an accounting environment
Comprehensive knowledge of bookkeeping, financial accounting, management accounting, cost accounting, personal and business taxation, business law and accounting control.
Thorough knowledge of personal and business taxation and of the Income Tax Act, the calculation of taxable income for both individuals and businesses, the skills for the completion of Income Tax returns as well as the ability to provide advice to clients and be current on South African Income Tax calculation and collection.
Working knowledge of business law and accounting control (the audit function), including basic contract and insurance law, insolvency law, internal and computer auditing.
Certified Tax Technician (CTT) status as a member of the South African Institute of Tax Practitioners with a tax practitioner's number allowing him/her to complete monthly and annual SARS returns on behalf of a client.
What careers will I be able to apply for once I complete this qualification?
Grade 10 (Std 8) or equivalent.
No prior accounting knowledge needed.
You must be at least 16 years of age.
Recommended 24 months of study
Insitute of Certified Bookkeepping (ICB)
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) was established in 1931 with the aim of promoting bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management qualifications and membership of a professional body in Southern Africa.
The ICB conducts professional examinations for those persons who intend following a career in bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management. Completion of any of these qualifications or skills programmes and or short courses leads to professional membership of the ICB with designations awarded depending on what course of study has been followed.
ICB have maintained a relationship with the Quality Assurance Partner of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (Fasset) for 80 years. ICB is not a training provider.
This programme is accredited by FASSET SETA
Bookkeeping to Trail Balance
Payroll and Monthly SARS Return
Cost and Management Accounting
Income Tax Returns
Business Law and Accounting Control
What you will be able to do once you complete this level?
Support management in finance and accounting
Become a SAIT tax practitioner (once you meet their requirements); know the ins and outs of accounting, taxation (individuals and companies), auditing and business law.
Important Exam Information:
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative/interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (test) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
You will be awarded with the National Certificate: Bookkeeping by FASSET upon successful completion of your PoE and your exams.
You will also receive a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB.
Assessment takes place in February, May, August and November.
Please note that the ICB exam fees and annual memberships are not included in your programme fees. Please visit the ICB website at www.icb.org.za to familiarise yourself with the exam registration dates, the actual exam dates and the fees.
Request Information from College SA Today
If you would like more information about the National Diploma in Technical Financial Accounting, fill in this short form and we will get in touch shortly. This form is the first of two forms, so please do take the time to fill in the second form too.